in the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate words. four alternatives are suggested for each question. choose the correct alternative out of the four.
1. The flash of the torch………a cobra.
a. exposed b. displayed c. disclosed d. revealed
2. he …….himself a stiff drink before making his statement to the police officer.
a. threw b. poured c. filled d. sipped.
3. It was his……..that led him to penury.
a. flamboyance b. arrogance c. extravagance d. ebullience
4. Gita was known to be a ………..so nobody entrusted any important work to her.
a. joker b. worker c. shocker d. shirker
5. The statue was so……that people stared at it in horror.
a. grotesque b. exquisite c. beatific d. cumbersome
6. He was caught red handed and could not…..the charges.
a. refute b. refuse c. rebuke d. revoke
7. Unhappy about the treatment meted out to her Shanti…….. Demanded justice.
a. sumptuously b. voraciously c. spasmodically d. vociferously
8. The police sprayed tear gas ………on the protesters.
a. indirectly b. intensively c. indifferently d. indiscriminately
9. We are happy to ……the receipt of your order no 4071 dated 05.03.2017.
a. admit b. accept c. acknowledge d. respond
10. All jobs are respectable…. of their nature.
a. irrelevant b. immaterial c. irresponsible d. irrespective